Better Alternative to DEXA Scans for Bone Health with Dr. Nick
Do you ever wonder if your DEXA scan results are right?
They’ve been considered the gold standard for assessing bone health for a long time…
But they also raise a host of questions.
Are they the ultimate way to gauge bone density, or is there more to the story?
In episode 39 the Stronger Bones Lifestyle Podcast, Dr. Nick and I discuss the intricacies of DEXA scans and their role in determining bone density and risk of fracture.
Dr. Nick Birch, a spinal surgeon and founder of OsteoscanUK, brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table, having conducted over 2200 REMS scans (the alternative to DEXA scans).
His insights are invaluable for anyone looking to take charge of their bone health journey, naturally.
Let’s answer the question: Are DEXA scans the key way to measure bone density, or is there a better approach waiting to be discovered?
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store:
- Why your frame and size play a significant role in determining your bone density and overall bone health
- How gut health plays in the absorption of essential nutrients for bone health
- Uncover the surprising connection between brain health and bone density and how this link can impact anxiety levels
- What the ten key nutrients that are vital for unbreakable bones
- Discover what REMS (Radiation Emitted Morphological Scanning) is and how it differs from the traditional DEXA scan in evaluating bone health
So, if you’re eager to unlock the secrets to stronger bones and a more reliable way to check in on your bone density…